How to make a Care Bear Cake Topper @ home
Today’s blog post I will show you how to make a Care Bear themed cake topper. It’s easier than you think and to make it even more easier, I’m suppling the cake template free for you to use. 🙂 Make sure you check out our other Care bear decorations we have on our blog (links are below).
Tools you will need:
- Care Bear Cake Topper
- Reverse side printable template – bare in mind that the wording is back to front
Tools & Equipment
- A4 White card stock (80gsm or more)
- Hot glue
- Hot glue refills
- Popsicle sticks
- Skewer (food grade)
- A3+ Printer (I use)
Below please find the DIY video, to show you how to make the cake topper. Otherwise a breakdown description is also listed below:
For more free party printables and decorating tips, make sure to subscribe to our Youtube channel!
How to make:
- Print out (printer I use) your images on the A4 white card stock. The printable will print on a A4 piece of paper.
- Cut along the dotted line (if you want the white edges)
- Hot glue the wooden skewer to the middle of the image. Leaving enough space at the bottom for the skewer to go into the cake
- Hot glue your popsicle sticks all over the image to give it more support
- Glue your image to the back if you want double sided. Please remember that the reverse image writing is back to front. So make sure when placing your topper onto the cake that it’s at the back. Other wise you will have a cake topper that looks like this (without the reverse side, which is what I did).
- You can add some ribbon to give it a little more cuteness
- Place the topper in the cake on the day of the party. Not the day before
Looking for some more Care Bear party ideas? Check this out!
*The printables/ clipart are for private use only and are not to be resold & not for commercial use*
**All copyrights and trademarks of the character images used belong to their respective owners and are not being sold**
***I do not claim ownership over the characters used in my designs***